Monday, August 1, 2011

5 months until Year of Music



I saw this on reddit. Made me think of my project I have only spoken of on this blog of mine that nobody reads. I don't want to be disappointed in myself, but chances are I will be. Hell, my performance at work still disappoints me, even though I've been promoted and given a raise. I have high expectations. With "Year of Music" (as I have so dubbed it), I will probably have unrealistically high expectations. I see friends and old classmates write their own music and perform it on youtube or at coffee shops. I say, I can do that. Can I? How long will my "gap" be? Will I ever come to grips with my very lacking musical prowess?

I've got 5 months until my self-imposed start date of January 1st. What can I do in that time to prepare myself? Once I move, I want to get stuff set up in my new house. Then I can start playing around with software and instruments and hopefully learn how everything works in a month or two. That puts me at October 1st. 3 months. Can I successfully write and record a few songs in 3 months? We'll see. Maybe I need to start the Year of Music on my birthday instead of January 1st. Hopefully, the next 5 months don't discourage me enough to not move forward. A delay might be necessary.

More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment