Friday, August 26, 2011

Upcoming lease year

I think I will make it a goal in the upcoming lease year (from now until next August) to save as much money as possible, buy as few things as possible, and get rid of as much stuff as possible. I have a hard time believing that Moose and I will stay in North Minneapolis for more than a year (unless something really awesome happens, or we suddenly become acclimated and have no issues... we'll see though). This is unfortunate because I know Moose really does not want to keep moving every year. We thought we had a keeper in this house. The house definitely is. We will see how the neighborhood works out.

Anyway, I think this is a great opportunity for us to live like we "belong" in the neighborhood. I don't mean to sound condescending when I say that, but it's true. We are not impoverished. We are, however, getting a good deal on a nice rental home. It's time to start saving up money for a house and getting rid of all of our unnecessary possessions that make moving so hard. In 11 months, we can have a nice chunk of change saved and hopefully have paired down our stuff enough to make the next move easy. Or, we can not move and still be no worse for wear. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment